I am excited to be starting a new adventure in my work with women and men in supporting a healthier relationship with our bodies and ourselves. As of June 1, I will be opening my own Counselling and Body Image Coaching practice in Saskatoon. I am expanding the work I currently do with support groups and workshops and will now be available for one to one counselling and body image coaching appointments in a newly acquired private counselling space in Saskatoon. For folks who are not in the Saskatoon area, I am available for online sessions via Skype or Google +.
Curious about what Body Image Coaching is all about? It is an opportunity for you to do some exciting and intentional work on improving your relationship to your body and no longer letting feelings of bodyshame keep you from doing all the things you want to do in your life. My coaching approach is grounded in the principles of BodyRespect, which include:
- recognizing the impact of the thin ideal and popular media on how you view your body
- healing your relationship with food: addressing emotional eating and learning to recognize and honour feelings of hunger and fullness.
- finding ways to move your body in joyful ways
- living in the here and now, not waiting for a fantasy future when we think we might look a certain way to do the things we want to do.
- appreciating our bodies, no matter what our size
- developing a respect for body diversity, ours and the bodies of others
- understanding and embracing Health at Every Size
In our work together I will support you in understanding why you have the relationship with your body that you have and support you in finding ways to feel good about your body, right *now* ..at whatever weight or size you happen to be. You no longer need to allowing bodyshame to rule your life! Stop waiting until your body meets some predetermined shape or size before you start living your life the way you’ve always wanted to. I am here to talk with you, provide resources, support you and cheer you on.
For more info (including how to contact me), check out my website and send me a note, or give me a call.
The adventure continues!